Tuesday 2 October 2007

Curious

It was displayed in the airport bookstore. I think the cover print fascinated me or the handy pocket size… or maybe the red color was simply standing out from the rest of the books on the same display. Or… oh whatever.., marketing people come up with all kinds of tricks to get you to buy the book they want you to buy anyway.

They made me buy The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon, the little red book with the fascinating cover.
I read it on the plane and finished it before landing. I loved it. I laughed, cried, grinned and experienced many other emotions (with related facial expressions!).

Probably the best mystery story I read in a long time. The story is about a little boy who is autistic. When something big happens in his world he starts an investigation. With his logic and literal thinking he starts mission impossible… or not? I didn't regret the buy for a moment.

Just buy it yourself and tell me here what you think about it. And maybe you’ll have a recommended read for me in return.


ISBN 1-4000-7783-4 (copy & paste in an online bookstore of your choice)

No comments:




DeSlisser makes no warranties or representations about the accuracy or completeness of this Site's content or the content of any site or External Sites linked.


DeSlisser does not filter advertisements or other content that visitors may view through this site or "hot-linked" sites, they could receive content and materials from the Internet and/or advertising that are inappropriate for them.


Please consider the environmental impact before printing contents of this blog and its attachment(s).
Print black and white and double-sided where possible.


Page Rank Icon